Monday, September 17, 2012

Ben Folds Five are back and they are bringing The Fraggles

The nerdist Chris Hardwick was asked by Jim Henson group if he would be interested in doing anything with the Fraggles for their 30 year anniversary.




Chris explained the conversation:
In a meeting with Lisa (Henson, CEO, The Jim Henson Company), she casually said, 'Next year is the 30th anniversary of Fraggle Rock. Would you want to do anything with the Fraggles?' 'WHAT THE (expletive)?? That's an OPTION?!' I loudly replied. I think I scared her a little. I knew Ben had a new album releasing in September so I threw his name out. Lisa said 'that would be amazing' without hesitation. It was beautifully serendipitous.
So put a touch of re-forming of Ben Folds Five and a spice of Fraggle, and you get a wonderful mix.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment